(MONTCLAIR, NJ) — Montclair Film has announced grant awards totaling more than $150,000 in recent months from a wide range of philanthropic entities for programs ranging from celebrity fundraisers to general operating support.
The programs include:
- The Montclair Film’s 7th annual Celebrity Fundraiser, Sad! A Happy Evening with Stephen Colbert and Samantha Bee was made possible with support from NorthJersey.com.
- New Jersey State Council on the Arts awarded a $30,000 General Operating Support grant, including a Citation of Excellence.
- The American Express Foundation made a grant of $25,000 to support Montclair Film’s robust Volunteer, Intern and Mentor Programs, initiatives that provide the foundation for all we do here at Montclair Film.
- Montclair Film received a $22,000 grant from the New Jersey Division of Travel and Tourism to help market our programs to cultural enthusiasts from across the State, helping to use the arts to build the local economy.
- The Coolidge Corner Theater Foundation and the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation made an $8,500 Science on Screen grant award for Montclair Film to participate in this national initiative that builds science education through movie screenings and community conversations moderated by notable experts from the world of science and technology. Please stay tuned for more information on our Science on Screen Series to kick off on March 27, 2018.
- The Blanche & Irving Laurie Foundation made a grant of $25,000, and the Montclair Foundation made a grant of $10,000 over three years, towards our Capital Campaign to Build A Home for Montclair Film in downtown Montclair. These leadership grants joins hundreds of other gifts totaling more than $2.2 million towards our $2.6 million goal.
To learn more about ways you can help them finish this important campaign, click here.
“We’re incredibly grateful to all of these partners and institutions for their support of and belief in Montclair Film,” said Development Director Aran Roche. “This support is vital to our ability to deliver the world class programs to our community and our patrons.”
ABOUT MONTCLAIR FILM
Montclair Film, a non-profit, tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organization, nurtures and showcases the talents of filmmakers from around the region and world. Montclair Film unites, empowers, educates, and celebrates our region’s diverse cultural heritage and robust artistic community by presenting engaging programs and events all year long. The seventh annual Montclair Film Festival will take place from April 26 through May 6, 2018. Montclair Film’s year-round and festival programming is made possible through generous support from Investors Bank; Audible; Hackensack Meridian Health; the Horizon Foundation for New Jersey; Ashenfelter, Slous, McDonough, Golia & Trevenen, LLP; Chubb; Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage; and William H. Connolly & Co., and others. Our programs are made possible in part by funds from the New Jersey Department of State, Division of Travel and Tourism and New Jersey State Council on the Arts. For information about Montclair Film, visit www.montclairfilm.org