The Montclair Foundation provides grants bi-annually to a broad range of 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations working to strengthen and improve our community. Grant funds are made available across a variety of categories, through the guidance of our Grants Committee. This funding supports the arts, social service organizations, education, and underserved communities in Montclair and its environs.
- Funds are limited, we are very selective about where we award grants and do not necessarily award to all applications
- Generally, we do not fund capital campaigns or other Foundations.
- Fairly uniquely we do fund General Operating Budgets but prefer to fund special projects or items. In the case of a capital improvement, a grant will be awarded after the item is fully funded and purchased.
- A previous grant award for an organization does not mean an automatic award every year. Each year is a new beginning and all applications are weighted equally.
- We positively view grants for the arts, particularly those that benefit groups at risk.
- We encourage funding of cultural and community projects that build/create collaboration between Van Vleck and the organization.
- We can make multi-year grants, but should not be longer than a 3-year commitment.
- We appreciate invitations to visit your location or to see the project you are requesting funds for.
- Mission Alignment
- Impact on helping Montclair and its Environs
- Equity; Fairness
- Financial stability
- Management Experience and Stability